Monday, March 9, 2009

4th File and the 4th Picture


HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! How funny is this! One of my favorite stories. Shay and I were about to have our first Christmas together as a married couple. I had been skipping color orders and not putting money in savings so we could buy presents for our families. Well, one day I found out Shay had bought this Venom Statue, hand painted, (that's very important to him) and only $100.00 on Ebay! Oh man I was so mad. But the tipping point was about a week later when I discovered he had bought the companion statue, Spiderman for only $150.00! He didn't tell me because I'd been so mad about Venom. I said, "What were you going to tell me when it showed up on our doorstep!? That it was a present from someone!?" He said he was hoping he'd be able to come up with something that wouldn't make me mad before it got to our house. HAHA! Good one. Anyhow, so now I tease him about it all the time and we have two, 1 foot tall statues that are priceless to Shay and silly to me. =) He loves them though, and heaven knows there are things I love he thinks are silly (aka my blankie) and we love each other despite our other loves. =) YOUR TURN!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

But did your blankie cost $250.00? I think you need to go out and get something that you would absolutely love and he'll flip out about! Even if you return it, his reaction could be priceless! HUSBANDS!

Destiny Rayburn said...

HEEHEE Good plan Camille, sadly it does not work that way with Shay. He already suggested I go spend that much on myself and I said, "Oh yeah that's a good idea, double the amount of money taken from out account!" =) He actually wishes I'd not be cautious about spending money. He recognizes I work really hard and is glad when I "reward" myself. Also, it probably makes him not feel as guilty about his spending! LOL!

Cort said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelli said...

I remember when he bought those, I was almost as mad as you because Jeremiah's done the same thing and I totally related! Stupid statues, but hey whatever makes our boys happy right? I'm glad you take time to reward yourself too, you hard worker! I love you!

P.S. You said "your turn." What exactly do we have to do?

Destiny Rayburn said...

Find your 4th picture in your 4th file and post it. :)

Annalee said...

ohh, I remember!