Friday, January 29, 2010

Can you say random?


Okay... Here's the deal. I haven't posted anything on my blog in a long time. I just haven't cared. I have no news, we haven't gone anywhere, and I don't like holidays! However, I had my friend Kylee tell me to update my blog.
Kahuku (Shay's 3 foot tall Tiki God he bought in Hawaii) is staring at me and it's all I can think about right now. Besides the yummy smell coming from my oven... Hopefully those brownies will be done soon so I can gorge myself on them before I go to dreamland.


Speaking of dreamland, I hate the dream I had last night. Do you ever have a dream that wasn't good and you keep thinking about it? Ugh, we are not talking about that anymore.


Today I bought a dehydrator and I'm trying it out. I'm drying, apples, mangoes, kiwis, and bananas. The kiwis can take up to 18 hours to dry!!! Hopefully it works out, I'm nervous that some of them might over dry because I need to sleep tonight and I'm supposed to check them a few times near the end of their time to make sure they don't get too dry. Oh well if so! :)


Shay and I have our 4 year anniversary coming up in March. March 11. 3-11. 311... His favorite band. :)


My guinea pig is good. He loves me way more than Shay! Tiggz whines at Shay when he touches him and then he bites Shay. But he cuddles and makes purring noises when I pet him. Shay says I coddle him too much. He's just jealous.


Can you believe it's almost February? I am SO glad. I love the spring and summer. It's the best time of the year! :) March is a total teaser month but I look forward to it because there are a few really nice days in between the yucky ones. Oh, and the awful inversion is usually gone by then. Gotta love having the most polluted air in the nation! :)


Ok folks, that's all you get for now. How's that for a bunch of random shiz!? Love ya!!!

8 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

Hooray for your anniversary! Are you guys planning anything fun? I'm so jealous you have a dehydrator. I've always wanted one but never actually get one. Let me know how the fruit turns out! I've never had dried kiwi but it sounds so yummy!

Jade said...

HAHA. So when you said that Tiggz loves you more than Shay? I thought you meant Tiggz loves you more than Shay loves you, not that he loves you more than he loves Shay. I had to re-read it for a second, 'cause at first I thought, "But she's saying all that nice stuff about Shay on Facebook."

I should learn to read more slowly.

Audra said...

LOL...I love all your randomness...makes me feel closer to you:)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update - we were all REALLY worried about you! Just kidding. Dehydrated yogurt and applesauce is really good too. You just have to have the plastic liner trays (get them at Bed Bath and Beyond) and I have a really good granola recipe for the dehydrator if you are interested.

KT said...

We can be dehydrating buddies! I am still waiting to use mine for the first time.

Oh and the Marlboro Man sandwiches were amazing. The recipe makes waaaay more than it says though. and the onion straws rocked too.

I love you and I'm glad you posted!

Mindy B said...

Try dehydrating pears... they are the best! Miss your guts!!

Kelli said...

Wow...what to comment on...

So what are you doing for your anniversary? Maybe go to a 311 concert? And love the picture at the beginning, it was really nice of Shay to let you put a picture of him on your blog :) HAHAHA!

Hope to see you soon, let me know when you are free and what you want to do!

Anonymous said...

Haha! I love your post! Keep this random stuff going. I enjoyed it... Also I can't wait to try all your freeze dried things:) Love YA!