Yesterday was Father's Day so Shay and I went over to his parent's house to have dinner with them. It was a lot of fun! First we went to their church meeting to listen to his mother give a talk. She did so well. It was about fatherhood (of course) and it actually made me want a family! I KNOW, I KNOW! Now I'm talking crazy. It made me excited to see Shay and our kids play together and to see the bond formed as a "family unit". I still want to wait, a lot longer, but it was nice to have that confirmation, I guess you could call it that. After church we went to their house for dinner, games, and presents. Of course I got a bit competitive in the game part, but in my defense, I did better than I have and I did not get mad. (Not for real at least...hehe!)
I called my Daddy on the phone to wish him a happy day. It always makes me a bit sad that they are so far away. I miss my family and Montana. Maybe a visit is in the future... maybe. I guess they were just hanging out and "enjoying" the cloudy, cooler weather.
Today was my day off. I slept in, ran my errands, and then went to the pool at my apartment complex. We are going to Hawaii in September with Shays' family and I want to be warm ivory instead of pasty white! Therefore, I am spending some quality time with the sun. Oh, and of course with my best friend in the whole wide world, SUNSCREEN! I found this amazing sunscreen that is aerosol! No rubbing, no pumping, just push and then you're all covered. I LOVE IT! So easy. So, yup, that's all for now. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU DADDIES!
5 comments:
Destiny HOORAY! I am so glad you are a blogger too! I love it! This way I can still keep up with you, and see all of the crazy fun you are having! I seriously look at blogs all day! I am glad you had a fun Fathers Day!
Love,
Kell
Hi friend! Now I can check on you in two places everyday! Warm ivory, you're hilarious.
by the way, you need kids. right now! they're so much fun! =)
I think it's good you are waiting to have kids until you are ready! I think a lot of people have kids before they are ready, but I know you will be a great mom (and your kids will have the best hair ever!!!) P.S. I will be in Utah in August - can you help my hair??
You might miss your own dad, but at least you have Shay's family so close! You'll be an awesome mom someday, but completely understand your desire to wait! Remember, Mike and I had known each other for 7 years before we had a baby and I still think we could have waited longer. On the flip side, I LOVE my Dylan more than anything else.
Post a Comment