Shays' family has had a wonderful shih tzu named Teddy for 12 years now. Sadly Teddy had a stroke and passed away this morning. I wanted to give a little space on my page to share with you all how much fun Teddy was. He would bite on a hand towel and hold on really tight while Shay would spin him around in circles. He loved it! He also was so funny in his interactions with the other dogs in his life. He used to chase the neighbors dog. The thing was, the neighbors dog was on the other side of a wooden fence that you couldn't really see through. But they knew each other was there and would run up and down the length of the fence barking at each other. That dog moved away and now there is Nibbles next door. There is a hole in the fence between the two yards and Teddy and Nibbles would stick their heads in the hole and bark at each other. And then there is Griffin. My sister in laws puppy. Teddy HATED him at first. I think it took almost a year for him to adjust to Griff. They would do this thing where Teddy would howl and Griff would bark and bark and bark. He kept getting right in Teds' face and Teddy would look so confused, like, "Why is he doing this to me? What's going on?" We are sure the neighbors thought the same thing. Anyhow! The point is that even in the short 2 years I knew Teddy I have amazing memories and he was a great dog. Here is my "Ode to Teddy"...



4 comments:
That is sad! Especially because Teddy looks like my dog Penny who died three years ago! Dogs really become part of the family, huh. We need to get a dog.
I was thinking the same thing! Teddy looked like our old dog who died - that is so sad! I hope Shay is okay. Maybe you could buy a new dog for Shay??? I don't want a dog in my house, so I think that is funny, but if you want one, now would be a great time to get one!
Poor Teddy! I am sure he will be missed dearly, but he is probably very happy up in doggie heaven right now.
Oh, he is so cute! I hope Shay's family is okay and everything. That is really sad to lose the family dog.
Post a Comment