Faith Hill looks amazing. She is a beautiful woman and I think it is sad that they changed her so much for the cover of this magazine. They made her eye makeup stronger, they thickened her hair, made her jawline smaller, softened her smile lines, made her neck/shoulders smaller, got rid of her collarbone, made her back and waist smaller, added an arm, and made her other arm look like an unhealthy stick. What was so wrong with the original? Imagine what they would do to me! It's sad how our images and expectations of ourselves (this very much includes me) have become distorted because of the media. And I'm sure there are other influences, but really, I consider media one of the strongest influences in the world. It's time to not let it be. I want to try really hard to just accept me and be as healthy as I can. Anyone up for joining me?We got married in the Timpanogos Temple in March 2006. Shay grew up in Utah and I grew up in Montana. We love being with eachother, but still enjoy our "alone time". Someday we will have children and then our lives will be alot more interesting!
Friday, July 20, 2007
Time for me to preach...
Faith Hill looks amazing. She is a beautiful woman and I think it is sad that they changed her so much for the cover of this magazine. They made her eye makeup stronger, they thickened her hair, made her jawline smaller, softened her smile lines, made her neck/shoulders smaller, got rid of her collarbone, made her back and waist smaller, added an arm, and made her other arm look like an unhealthy stick. What was so wrong with the original? Imagine what they would do to me! It's sad how our images and expectations of ourselves (this very much includes me) have become distorted because of the media. And I'm sure there are other influences, but really, I consider media one of the strongest influences in the world. It's time to not let it be. I want to try really hard to just accept me and be as healthy as I can. Anyone up for joining me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'd LOVE to join you! You have a great point, and I admit I get sucked into the media image thing too, and I need to work really hard to change that.
By the way, you changed your blog, it looks great! Love you!
All in favor say I..... I!
Wow! I totally agree! I can't believe how much they changed her and she is such an amazingly beautiful woman. No wonder we always feel so inadequate!
I totally agree about being as healthy as I can be (after I ate 1/2 dozen chocolate chip cookies for breakfast). Thanks for pointing this out. What a crazy world we live in!
Amen Sistah!
Too true my friend! It is so sad! How did you notice all of the changes? Her smile looks different to me too. I think it is the lines, maybe. You are wonderful! It is so hard just to accept ourselves, even without the media. When you add that in, it is no wonder why woman have so many issues and are in therapy twice a week!
Post a Comment