Monday, July 9, 2007

SMOKEY DAY!

There is a huge fire burning about 80 miles south of Utah County. It has burned about 400,000 acres now and is 0% contained. Lightening started it on Friday. I can see the smoke plumes from here and our valley is full of smoke! I tried rollerblading outside and I could taste the smoke and now my lungs burn. It's crazy! Here are some pictures. They closed the freeway on Saturday and Sunday because the fire has jumped over it. I'm going to run some errands and I'll take some pictures of the air quality here so I can post those too.






4 comments:

Kelli said...

Is that what that was? We were driving home yesterday and we were commenting on how foggy the air was, we assumed it was smog, but I guess your blog explains it. How crazy! We could barely see the Y!

Celeste Pearson said...

Wow! 400,000 acres! That is so crazy. Feel free to come visit us in Washington - we have no fires right now! Your lungs will thank you!

Kory said...

Wow! That's a bad one! My dad is on a fire right now up around Great Falls. It is definitely fire time!

Angela said...

That's been all over the news... even way out here in Michigan! Last I heard it was 10% contained. That's crazy!