We got married in the Timpanogos Temple in March 2006. Shay grew up in Utah and I grew up in Montana. We love being with eachother, but still enjoy our "alone time". Someday we will have children and then our lives will be alot more interesting!
Monday, July 2, 2007
Funeral for a little Birdie.
Today Shay and I went to eat at Noodles and Company. We decided it was nicer outside than in so we ate out on their balcony. As we were sitting outside this cute little chickadee flew right into the window and landed on the ground. It was obviously hurt and I was quite distressed over this. I got up and I picked it up. It was gasping for air and I felt so bad for it. I told Shay the least I could do was give it some comfort and love as it died. I didn't want it to die alone. Now I know that animals die alone all the time. But if I'm around. They won't. I sat and pet it till it died. A few minutes later it closed it's eyes and no longer was breathing so I asked Shay where I should put it. He said "We're not having a funeral for it." NO KIDDING. Anyhow, I walked over to these bushes and flowers and set him down to sleep forever. I then proceeded to wash my hands. I knew I was covered in disease and germs, but I don't care. I loved that bird for the few minutes I was with it. Most of you know I'm a sucker for animals and if this doesn't prove it, nothing will. Well, that's all. That was my funeral for my Birdie. RIP little Bird!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ok I posted before but it almost looked mean, so let me try it again. I can't believe you picked up a dirty little bird, dying or not! But, at least you proved your love for animals. I feel bad for the bird, too, but I can guarantee I would not have touched it. You brave soul you.
i don't think the first comment was rude. i understood what you meant. it's not the first time i've picked up a dying animal. i just can't help it. i love them so much and don't want them to suffer alone. we all know i'm one of a kind so lets just not pretend this act was not out of the ordinary for me. hehe
This is the cutest story I've ever heard. You are cute! I'm glad there's someone like you in this world. I picked up a dead bird with a shovel today and threw it in the garbage...At least you'll have a huge crowd of animals to greet you on the other side...especially since this isn't your first time loving a dying animal.
Dest, you made me smile. Your undying affections for animals will never cease to amaze me. You know what your other job could be if you didn't do hair! You're a doll!
Post a Comment