We got married in the Timpanogos Temple in March 2006. Shay grew up in Utah and I grew up in Montana. We love being with eachother, but still enjoy our "alone time". Someday we will have children and then our lives will be alot more interesting!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Blessed...
but not grateful for it... What do you do about that?! I have such a wonderful career doing hair. I feel talented and that I continue to grow every year in that area. I am very busy and this is where I lose any positive feelings towards hair. I work almost 50 hours a week. It's good, there are people that would give anything to be as busy as me, I know this. But I have times when it really makes me mad. I'm tired. I'm tired of working 10 hour days, I'm tired of listening to what everyone else has to say, I'm tired of the unwanted advice, I'm tired of squeezing people in cuz they just can't wait another day, I'm tired of it. What more can I do!!! I hate hair. I hate how vain so many people are. SO YOU HAVE GREY HAIR, SO YOU HAVE REGROWTH, guess what! you are NOT going to die, and if the people around you really care so much about your hair that you feel distraught about it maybe you should reconsider who you surround yourself with. SIGH. Now I feel guilty. It is a blessing to have this talent, it is a blessing to have people paying me to do their hair, it is a blessing that people are practically pounding down my door to have ME do their hair. ME!! I'm no different than the next person. It's humbling and amazing and frustrating all at the same time. I am grateful, I guess just needing to vent. I'm stretched too thin right now. Sorry to throw it on you. I feel like an ungrateful little brat now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I was feeling those exact feelings earlier this year when I was swamped with 150 baby carriers to finish in a few weeks. It's okay to feel that way, really!
I hope it slows down a bit for you... but not so much that you are bored!
It's too bad your HEART (to care for all of us) is HUMONGOUS, but know that we love you and feel so comfortable around you that we tend to confide in you. Thanks for taking the weight, Dest.
Idea: trade w/ someone to get weekly massages! You deserve it!
I am sorry you are in a slump right now, at least you can be honest about it! I think everyone hates their job more often then not! Vent whenever, you have earned it listening to a bunch of whiny bitchy girls wanting to look like someone they are not! Whoa that is probably me :)! you are fantastic!
You have every right to vent about this. You're not just a hair stylist...you also become everyone's personal counselor. And with as much as you work...it is bound to be too overwhelming sometimes.
I hope you get a break soon:)
Thank you very much for all the support. I feel better about it this morning and it really helps to hear from all my best friends reminding me that I'm only human! LOL! It's a wierd thing, being human... loves and hugs to you all!
Your such an amazing stylist because of your talent with hair and with people. I think most of us know we won't die because of gray hair or regrowth, but it's a little luxury like getting your nails done or a massage. I agree with Meaja- you deserve a little luxury too! You try to be so accommodating to everyone, but it's not worth it if it stretches you too thin. We'd understand if you set a later start time, earlier cut off time, or even took a day (or half day) off a week. We love you, take care of yourself!
I'm sorry if I am the client you have to squeeze in!! You are seriously the only person I trust with my hair. My friends people here even know that I only get my hair cut in Utah by you. I'm sorry you are so busy and I hope you can find some time to relax and do something for you!!! You really are a people pleaser, which is such a great thing to find these days, but you really can tell people HECK NO!!! (or add your own expletive!) I can't wait to see you in a week!!
Its hell to be one of the best hairdresser's in the valley! You just need to learn to say, "I'm sorry, I just truly don't have the time!" The main thing that helped me realize that my clients ARE NOT my life, was having a BABY! You should try it. Life jerks its way into perspective dang fast, and then your clients have their place. :)
Hey its Michelle Houghton. I'm so sorry and I know excatly how you feel. After quiting hair sometimes I find my self wanting to be busy again and having so many people love you. We are all human and always wanting the other side. You are a wonderful hair stylist and I miss seeing you all the time.
i'm with celeste, feel free to tell me no if i ever seem pushy. its okay to feel overwhelmed, at least you know you are talented, but seriously set limits or rules and stick with them. love you, see you soon!
i love you! and i love my hair cut! i know you didn't mind doing it... but reading this makes me sad! we should have went to lunch. who needs their hair cut?? Anyways... I really love my cut and appreaciate you taking time for me!
Post a Comment